Friday, April 2, 2010

Have you?



Have you ever felt like you wanted to travel back in time?

I have. I have been reading John's family cookbook which is written by this mother and father. The book is called Recipes and Reminiscence. Many of the recipes are tasty and easy to make. But what i love the most is the reminiscence part. Many stories about special birthday dinners, Mother day, family gatherings, and other events.

In the time many of these recipes were made, the casserole era was huge and the microwave was out. Many people with large families would bake a casserole to feed their family. The part of this I am trying to get out is that I wish my childhood had family recipes and memories connections to some dished that my mother would make for me. I enjoy reading the parts about many family gathering in which someone would bless the calories out of some dessert so that everyone won't feel bad about eating it. Or how John's parents went on a picnic date. Cooked apricot-glazed cornish hens with a greek salad, some good wine and a dessert while out at San Diego State University enjoying a concert.

So many good recipes and good memories. I told John that I would of loved to travel back in time to watch some of these recipes and memories in play. See the faces of the people that enjoyed these tasty meals and what made that memory so special at the time. To even be invited to taste those foods and become part of the memory. What i would give to have some memories like that!

No comments: