Valentine's Day is an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The holiday first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
Most people go out and buy a much of stuff for their love ones. I find it nice to get things but what i would rather enjoy is a day spent with love ones with food, conversation, and shared moments. But being with people who you love and love you back is a great feeling! Well for our Valentine's day John and I well be off the Magical Kingdom for a week long adventure filled with Magic, love, fun, food, and a wonderful experience together. I am excited and thrilled for this trip. Also Kennedy Space Center and my brother's family will be there as well. I can't wait to see them.
Now i would like to share about my first kiss. My first kiss was when i as 12. I was with my best friend and we were walking home from school. Her house was on the way to mine. As we walked she started to ask me if there was anyone at school i liked. I told her no and walked a bit faster to get home. We came up to her house and as i told her bye, she turned to me, closed her eyes and kissed me. Than ran off to her house. I stood there in shock and ran home and cried. I didn't want my first kiss to be from a girl. I was worried. I told my mother what happened and she laughed. Later that night i got a phone call her my friend asking me if i was already and wanted to see a movie this coming weekend. I told her that i wanted to talk with her and seeing the movie would be great. After the movie I told her that i like her but not in that type of way. only as friends. I knew i crushed whatever feelings she had about me.
Know my friend and i are still good friends and we laugh about it. So Happy Valentine's day. Be sure to call your love ones and tell them you love them!! Mom's mostly!
Derek
1 comment:
smooches and hugs to the princessa and his papi for V-DAY!
Post a Comment