my bike weights about 15 pounds
a car weights 3180 pounds
the top speed of a bicycle is 30mph
the top speed of a car is 195mph
Today this morning at 8:30 am. I Derek Chavez was hit on my bicycle going to work right in front of city hall. Upon the impact of the hit, the first thing that i was thinking of was holy shit, i just got hit by a car. The lady passed me in her car thinking she get around me, until she saw the other people crossing the street. As she turned i was passing her. Bang, i was up on the hood of her car. She jumped out of her car screaming and in panic, wondering if her car was ok. Hi i told her, "I'm up on your hood." Than she started to yell at me, saying she couldn't see me. I was shocked from the impact still. i climbed down from the car and told her that when she passed she saw me in full view. She paused for a second, than it hit her, it was her fault, i had the right away. She and i exchanged info and i was on my way. What a way to start my day. I went to work and told them what happened. Shocked as well, they sent me home so i could go to the doctors and the bike shop. I bussed to the doc's and all is well. No broken bones, not a scratch. I will be sore tomorrow. I went to the bike shop to see if any damage was done. The guy at the shop checked my bike for free after i told him what happen. He was really nice and i was relieved to hear the bike was still in the same working order.
So the morel of my story is...be safe!
3 comments:
Glad you're okay! Bike versus car accidents are pretty scary. Take care!
Hope all is ok...take care!! And BE CAREFUL! xoxox
Glad you are in one piece!!! Hate to lose you!!
Post a Comment