
This picture explains my life right now. It's hectic, full of emotions and change. My life has changed over a day. I got some news about my health. I am now HIV Positive. That's a huge thing for me to say-type out. It's a major... Something that I could pass on to someone and yet it's manageable. The shock of hearing I was positive was upsetting. I broke down and cried. I have felt like I wanted to give up. Feeling like dying was the best solution. I have talked with many friends that are HIV poz and it hasn't stopped them from living a normal life. My life expectancy will go down by a year or two. But i know I am going to live forever. So now I am at the stage of my life where I don't know where to go. I am scared and unsure of what's going to happen next. Please keep me in your thoughts and hearts!
It's going to be a bumpy ride.
Derek
2 comments:
I love you, sweetie! It was quite brave of you to say this publicly.
You have a lot of people who love and care about you regardless of your status. Don't let it define you - it is just an element of who you are - not the defining one.
What do you do now? You live with purpose. You strive for happiness and love. You laugh each day and enjoy life. Same as it was before. Do what you love. Be who you are.
I love you!
xoxo
~Emmy
We need to talk sweetie. As someone who has HIV experiences to share, I'd love to be there for you. I am sorry to hear the news and I know we will be friends through your experience every step of the way. As Emmy said "Live with purpose". You have a spring in your step and love life. Nothing can change that! Luch love always!
Post a Comment