Monday, April 13, 2009

Did i find eggs on easter??


Well kinda. (wuhahahaha Evil laugh there)

But i went to Seattle this Weekend and had a great time. And I finally got to met a fellow blogger. It's the one, the only RAD HOMO!! It was a complete excitement to met him and his partner. They have a beautiful home just a few minutes outside of Seattle, with their 3 babies. Well on Saturday night My partner and myself went over to have a early Easter get together. Some of this friends i had the pleasure of meeting. And let me tell you, they are wonderful host. Great food, great company, great tunes. I'm so happy that i got to met these two in person and can't wait to hang out with them more once i move to Seattle.

Other than that, i did connect with my partner more. We talked about my future in Seattle. What we both want in a couple of years, How his trip with his father was. Our summer trip. How much we love each other.

Our Easter was great too. We both went to church, My hubby is an ordained minster and helped gave the reading today and service was great. (i'm not much of a church going person) But really enjoyed it and brought back a bunch of childhood memories. When i was younger, church always seemed to drag on forever and what an hour was like a month to me. I hated going to church, and never fully understood jesus and what he had to offer to me. So trying to accept that Jesus died for my sin was one thing, but that he has risen and i was to go to church in order to receive gifts of chocolate and toys that a "Easter bunny" has sent god to do his work. I remember once in Sunday school i was with my sister and the resident mother of one of my best friends had taken on Sunday school. When she asked us what Easter mean to us, I was the first to shout out' "sitting in church forever, than going to a place where old people gave me really bad eggs" To which i made the class laugh but was sent to say ten hail mary's.
When she spoke with my mother, she told her that we visit a nursing home and the residents gave us eggs in exchange of my time. She smiled at me and told me sorry for not letting me explain my answer. After church we did go to the Nursing home and got eggs which i really didn't want in the first place, but put my happy face on and allowed the elderly folks there to smother me with love.
Oh, but after church we went back home and made a wonderful Easter Brunch and took our Easter picture together. Slept for and hour and sent me off on the train. On the train i was greeter to some Cosplay Characters. Well Cosplay, short for "costume play",is a type of performance art whose participants outfit themselves, with often-elaborate costumes and accessories, as a specific character or idea. Characters are usually sourced in various Japanese and East Asian media, including manga, anime, tokusatsu, comic books, graphic novels, video games, and fantasy movies. Other sources include performers from J-pop, J-rock, visual kei, fantasy music stories (such as stories by the band Sound Horizon), novels, and objects from cyberspace or the real world that are unique and dramatic (especially if they have or can be given an anthropomorphic form).
I have never been introduced to such a form of entertainment. But some of these people dressed as my favortie Anime or video game. It was pretty fun to see them dressed on the train like that. Most of them were teenagers 18 to 25.

What a great weekend.

Derek

2 comments:

Brian Gardes said...

Dude, you need to get your costume on!

Eddie said...

It's funny. I was raised in a Roman Catholic family (my grandma could've been mistaken for Mother Theresa) but when I became old enough to make a decision on my own, I realized that I didn't really believe at all.

Until my Aunt's death did I take a deep breath and welcome religion back into my life. I'm not a bible-thumping freak by any means... just reading up a little more.

So you visited Rad Homo!! He's been a blogging buddy of mine since 2006, when I started my blog. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time.

Keep traveling and making plans with your boyfriend/hubby. You guys look so happy together.

Besitos para siempre Princessa