Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank you....

I'm not a father, a grandpa or a family man. Some might say I'm not that much patriotic. As in owning an American flag. Getting excited when the fourth of July comes around. Wearing t shirts with "I'm patriotic or I love America." Those things are just to downgrading to me. Why should i express my how american I am. I think it's only an American thing to do.

But I do honor the men and women in the armed forces. The ones that are giving their lives to allow myself to have freedom. Today I am honoring my grand father Leroy Francis Ward. Father, Husband, Grandfather, Great-grandfather. And a war hero. My grandfather would tell me stories about servicing time in the war. How he shot a man and was shot. His stories live through me and my brothers. He was like a father to me. A good soul with a great big heart! He is missed.

So remember those in the past, the present and soon to be future. All the ones that have gave up their lives so we can live free.

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

I'm with you....I see the t-shirts and I automatically think LESS, not more. Isn't that weird?