
Today was my first training for the Shamrock run in porltand. I joined the nike Run club. OMG my legs hurt. Luckily i had the encouragement of one my students parents with me. We both started off at a really great pace. But by the time it was to go back, my pace got a little bit slower, until we were 4 blocks from the nike store in dt pdx. We kept chanting to each other, "YES WE CAN"!!! And gave it all we got. We ended with a time of 47:39. Not bad for a first time. Well i will register tomorrow for the 15k shamrock run. If all else fails at this run. There is free beer and chowder! But i will be looking good for my birthday! So come out Sunday, March 15
Waterfront Park -- Downtown Portland 8:40 am. I will be running. See you at the finish line!!!
Derek
2 comments:
Good for you!!
I know you can do it! If you can play 80 minutes of rugby, you can run this race no problem!!
I'll be there with beer!
Post a Comment